Guidelines for admission
We highly appreciate your interest in Nursing and Midwifery faculty - Tabriz University of Medical Sciences. If you intend to enter a new direction in your academic career and enjoy academic excellence, you have to come to the perfect school.
Aiming to facilitate the admission procedure, the Office of Admissions has taken all necessary measures to make this process as simple as possible. Please carefully read and follow our admission guidelines in order to go through this process with ease.
How to Apply?
Applying to Tabriz University of Medical Sciences has got easy steps. This process takes place online and electronically. We do not accept applications by regular mail. Interested applicants should sign up and log in to our website in order to gain access to the online application form.
Once you reach the application form, carefully provide all the necessary information in order to successfully submit your application. After the successful submission of your application form, you will receive a confirmation email and an interim code from the Office of Admissions. Please check your email to make sure that you have received both the email and the code. Otherwise, your application submission has not been successful. In this case, please contact the Office of Admissions at the email address below so that we can see to this matter: Admission…..@tbzmed.ac.ir
After you apply, your application will be carefully reviewed at the Office of Admissions. In case any part of your application is incomplete, this office will consider your application incomplete and will not process it any further. As long as there are missing documents in your application, the application procedure will be paused. Only after absolute completion of your form and the submission of all the necessary documents does the Office of Admissions start reviewing and processing your application.
Please bear in mind that before filling out the application form, it is better to decide on and determine your level of study
(e.g. B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. etc.) as well as your choice of major, program or course
(e.g. Endodontics, Microbiology, Pediatric Nursing, Nutritional Sciences, Immunology etc.). Moreover, carefully read the requirements
specified for your level and major and have all the necessary documents ready before proceeding to the application form.
Once you click on 'submission' at the end of your application form, an email will be sent to you confirming the receipt of the application form, which includes an interim code. In case all the necessary documents are provided with the application form, you will be notified in around 20 to 25 days by an email confirming the receipt of the completed application form which then goes through the following stages:
1. Complete applications are reviewed in the Preliminary Review Council. Once this council approves an application, it will be forwarded to the related school and department for more careful consideration. The Preliminary Review Council may not accept some applications if they do not meet TUOMS admission criteria
2. Applications accepted by the related department and school will be sent to the Admission Committee. Otherwise, a “refusal email”
will be sent to the applicant, informing him or her of the decision.
3. In the Admission Committee, a final decision regarding the applications will be made and, the applicants will be informed of the results immediately.
If your application is accepted, it will be either “conditional
” or ‘unconditional’. We will provide you with detailed information about the condition(s) of acceptance. Our acceptance package is valid for one year.
In case of acceptance, the applicant must confirm his or her acceptance by forwarding a completed Visa Application Form
to the Office of Admissions in order for us to start processing his or her entry Visa. When Should I Apply?
Our rolling admission process allows all applications to be reviewed as soon as they are submitted. Applications are accepted all year round. The fall semester starts late September, and the spring semester starts early February. Please note that:
- The admission procedure takes about 2 months for applications which have been submitted successfully.
- The process of getting a student visa lasts a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Some programs are offered only once a year.
Based on the above-mentioned points, complete applications should be submitted at least 4 months before the intended semester. Who Can Apply?
All international students from all over the world are encouraged to apply. Please note that Iranian citizens (holders of an Iranian passport) cannot apply. Iranian Applicants with dual citizenships (holders of an Iranian passport plus a passport issued by another country) cannot apply either. Iranian applicants need to take the Nationwide Entrance Exam, also known as Konkoor, in order to enter TUOMS.
Who Will be Selected?
The selection criteria for applicants include:
- Academic Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum 3.00/4.00 (or its equivalent);
- Evidence of English proficiency: In order to be admitted to TUMS and commence your studies, you must provide a certificate of IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL IBT (minimum 69) or TOEFL PBT (minimum 525) at the time of registration. Otherwise, attending Intensive English Language classes might be necessary.
The following individuals are exempted from providing a certificate of English proficiency:
- Applicants who are natives of English speaking countries
- Applicants whose language of instruction in their previous degrees has been English
- Evidence of intellectual or creative achievement or substantial public service;
- Special talents, achievements or awards in a particular field;
- Experiences that demonstrate promise for leadership; and,
- Academic accomplishments in light of the applicant's life experience and special circumstances.
In case of any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Office of Admissions via our email: admission……@tbzmed.ac.ir
Admission Overseas students Introduction:
The meaning of education has completely evolved in the recent years. It is no longer a mere transfer of knowledge and experience from one generation to another, but also a device to improve international bonds and share cultural elements.
In this regard and to develop its outstanding rank among medical universities, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS) accepts a number of non-Iranian students (especially those from Islamic countries) in different fields. The aims of this policy are:
- To compete with the prominent universities of the country and region in terms of quality and knowledge production
- To introduce TUOMS as one of the top ranking medical centers of the country in international level
- To develop international relations in scientific and cultural aspects
- To introduce Iranian culture and talent to the world
- supporting talented young Muslim and helping Islamic countries to develop
- providing appropriate environment for dissemination and development of Iranian-Islamic culture
- developing scientific and cultural ties with other countries to improve the country's position in international arena
- introducing TUOMS to the international community
- competing with other medical universities of the region through an increase in the number of international students
- training committed medical specialists to help scientific self-sufficiency of Islamic countries
- providing a suitable ground for further introduction of Islamic Republic to the world
- expansion of Persian language and literature
The deadline for delivering applicants' documents per semester is three months prior to the start of the semester based on the educational calendar of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (semesters start on 23 September & 21 January). Documents submitted after the deadline will be reviewed for next semester.
Admission Requirements: 1. General Conditions:
A. no legal prohibition to study or reside in Iran
B. the approval letter of corresponding Ministry of Foreign Affairs
C. having physical and mental health
D. having the credentials of previous grades approved by competent authorities
E. fluency in Farsi or English
2. Specific Requirements:
Specific eligibility in accordance with Departments’ notifications.
After ensuring that the applicants are eligible for admission, the following process is followed:
1. The International Students Admission Office (ISAO) receives the applicants' documents along with the application form and sends them to the committee of the Policy Council.
2. After the initial admission, ISAO sends the applicants' documents to Educational Affairs Management of the university. Afterward, the needed papers are sent to the office of students affairs in order to get the verification of the Ministry of Health.
3. Educational Affairs Management sends the application to ISAO after getting the ministry approval.
4. ISAO introduces the applicant to the Iranian embassy in the applicant's country to get his/her Student Visa.
5. After the applicants' arrival in Iran, he/she goes to the Office of the Superintendent of Foreign Students to get a one-year residence permit.
6. ISAO introduces the applicants to the director of educational affairs for registration. A letter is also sent to the Office of Student Affairs as well as Security Management of the university.
7. Educational Affairs Management registers the applicant and keeps a copy of the following documents:
- Confirmation letters of the Ministry and ISAO
- Previous academic degrees of the applicant sealed by the Embassy of Iran
- Original degrees (for confirmation)
- Copies of passport and student visa
- Confirmation letter of the vice-chancellor for education regarding tuition payment
- Correspondences with non-academic organizations
- Educational papers
- Visa checks (each semester)
- Transcript of the students and graduation degree
Amount of tuition is the same as international branch (Aras).
|… Dollars for each semester (equivalent to Iranian students) ||PhD |
|… Dollars for each semester (equivalent to Iranian students) ||M.Sc |
|… Dollars for each semester (equivalent to Iranian students) ||M.D. |